Saturday, September 17, 2011

Nails- Magazine Designers

For my newest nail art attempt, I tried magazine nails. It had to be one of the easiest designs I have ever tried and I love it for that.
All you have to do is cut words out of magazines (I chose some of my favorite designers and brands) and stick them onto your nails.

Before starting on my nails, I went through some old magazines and found all of the names I was looking for. I tried to keep all of the words on white backgrounds so the look would be uniform. Next I started with a base coat and once it dried I applied one thick coat of "Terracotta" nail lacquer by ORLY. As soon as I finished one hand, I used tweezers to gently press the words onto my nails. To make sure the ends stuck, I had to press the ends down for about 30 seconds.
To finish it all off and to make sure the words didn't come off, I topped it off with a clear coat by OPI.
This look lasted the longest out of any manicure I've ever done. It lasted 6 days with only minor chips near the top. The only problem was that after a shower, the words would sometimes lift off of my nails at the ends, so I had to add another top coat to the nails that had messed up, but other than that the maintenance was fairly easy.

Any questions of comments? Leave them below!

No comments:

Post a Comment