Once the internet goes down what is there to do until you can get it working again? Well I have made a short list of fun, completely free (and random) things to do when you can no longer surf the web.
1. Get OutsideWhen you can no longer find pictures of your dream travel spots on Pinterest, take a look outside and find the beauty in your own city or town. Enjoy Mother Nature and take a walk though the park or beach.
2. Go Window ShoppingThe internet allows you to have pictures of millions of clothes available at your fingertips. You can get inspiration for your own outfits, make up a shopping list, or simply imagine your dream wardrobe or special dress. Get your inspiration
3. Read a BookHere it is. You knew it was coming. It has always been the answer to "electronic-less boredom". Find a new book to read or re-read one of your favorites. Don't like reading? Take this time to find something you do like to read, try a new genre, look into comic books or graphic novels, even try the magazine rack in your local grocery store or bookstore.
4. Get Your Lolcat Fix IRLThe internet is FULL of pictures of cute animals doing things from sleeping to posing for captioned pictures. Find cute animals in your area by volunteering at the local animal shelter, hanging out at the dog park or walking through pet stores. Get creative and take pictures of your own pets or your friend's pets and caption them to make your own Lolcat images.
5. Go On a Scavenger HuntWhen you're on the internet you can spend hours and hours discovering new things that you had no idea they even existed. Discover new things in your neighborhood, local mall, local college campus, or even explore the city for new things. Grab some friends and make it a mission to find all of the water fountains on a college campus, compete against friends to see who can find the craziest pair of shoes in the mall, go downtown and take pictures of all of the street art.
6. Random/Wild CardStart a "Facebook" Wall in a Random Place- Grab some chalk and start writing status updates on the sidewalk in front of your house/dorm. Post a piece of paper with the title "Facebook Wall" on a nearby bulletin board and write status updates. Check back often to see who writes back
So that's my list! What would you do if the internet was down and you were bored? Leave your answers below!