Saturday, May 12, 2012

10 Reasons Why My Mom is Stylish



After going through a box FULL of old pictures, I found many of my mom from her high school and college days. As I went through them I couldn't help but marvel at her style (not to mention many of the things she wore then are "new" trends today). So here are 10 reasons why my mom, Felicia Pyatt, is stylish:


1. Maybe She's Born with It



Some people are born with great style. Starting with the portraits you take as a child to tea parties with your friends.


2. Straight Outta the 70s



My mom does it right whether it's school pictures or a costume party in 2004.


3. These Suits!



Shoulder pads and more shoulder pads! I love the black, white, and red one!


4. Red Lips


Bonus Points for the Denim Shirt
My mom loved her red lips and now I love them too!


5. She Knows How to Have Fun



Even the most put together person needs to let loose every now and then. 

5. Accessories!



From hats in the spring to wayfayers in the summer.

6. Glamour Shots



These pictures are awesome. 'Nuff said.


7.She Liked Current Trends Before They were Cool



Rompers and printed pants?! Haven't I seen these somewhere? Oh yeah! In magazines! They say fashion recycles itself but it never really registers until you see the proof. And in that black dress my mom could give Angelina Jolie a run for her money.

8.She Loves Her Husband



My parents have been married for 15 years and each day they love each other more. What's more stylish than that?

9. She Loves Her Kids



And now the reason I can call her "mom". She's taken care of me my whole life and loved me no matter what. Even when I did something wrong. And last but not least...

10. I Love Her



'Nuff said :)


HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment